Q: What is a Time Bank?
A: A local or virtual way to make exchanges within a network where everyone's hour of time is equal. People get to invest their time to earn credits doing what they love, know how, and are willing to serve others by doing. Everyone with a Time Bank account also get to spend the Time Credit hours earned by exchanging them for services that are available from other members in the Wellness Oriented Mutual Aid Network.
Q: What kinds of projects qualify to earn credits in the Wellness Weavers Time Bank?
A: Projects that are initiated by Wellness Weavers members at the individual, family, business, organization, or community level of membership are eligible to become Service-Learning Projects.
Q: Who are the leaders of the projects?
A: Each project team is comprised of members that have the combined "STARS" with the Skills, Talents, Affirmative Attitudes, and Resources needed for the specific project.
Q: How will the STAR power be assessed?
A: We are in the stage of development where we are setting up collaborative meetings using our Cisco WebEx web-based HIPAA Compliant meeting platform to set up meetings with people that are experienced in Time Banking and are willing to look at the assessment tools developed by the Wellness Weavers' founder, me...Helen Stucky (Risdon,RN) Weaver as part of the 2009 Core Public Health and Childcare Health Consultant courses where I received scholarships to attend.
Q: How will people's personal safety be provided for?
A: Only team projects where the STAR power matches the PPE, Personal Protective Equipment, required after the projects risks have been assessed by PAT, the Project Assessment Teams.
Background checks will also be a standard for all members and any assessments done during the course of a person's public or private school career, or from any rehabilitation program will also become part of their IHELP, Individual Health-Education Leadership Plan that they share with their team mates as part of the trust-building team building process needed to support each other.
Q: Where does funding come from for the cash expenses involved in such projects?
A: Membership fees, the business team for the specific project, and for instance a member individual or family might be able to afford to buy the paint and tap into the Wellness Weavers network to provide equipment and qualified volunteers to complete the project in the way that protects the health of the volunteers and the environment. We seek to develop business relationships and transportation networks with Corporate Socially Responsible (CSR) businesses that supplies eco-healthy products and equipment.
Q: What membership levels are there in Wellness Weavers?
A: We seek members at the individual, business, organizational, and system partners in educational, health & wellness, law-makers, law enforcers and funders, such as insurance carriers and philanthropists.
Virtual Projects "To Do List":
Waterville, Kansas is the rural-urban physical and virtual campus dedicated to helping people connect with others that are also working on ways to help us all reach our potentials.
The below are assets to help manage and leverage for the best service for everyone wanting to become Wellness Weavers.
Click here if you would like to collaborate virtually.
- Participate on the web-based meetings to develop the membership categories, policies and procedures.
- Tweak the community health forms that are unique to Wellness Weavers
- Co-develop the web-based tools to help people plug in their individual, family, business, community strengths and best ways to access services that build upon weaknesses they are interested to improve
- Maximizing function of our Apple technology products
- Maximizing use of our Cisco WebEx Enterprise webinar platform for health uses, educational uses, and legal uses. Click here to get set up to collaborate
- Improving our current website
- Maximizing FB: Wellness Weavers
- Twitter: Wellness Weaver
- Turning iphone photos and historic video interviews into useful teaching or entertainment products
- Maximizing Survey Monkey account
- Data management of our Survey Monkey tools
- Maximizing Wezer and MOA with "the Main MAN" as Waterville, KS WOMAN pilot project site
- Access to Time Bank softwares: Community Weaver 3, H(our)World, TimeRepublik
- Become a member owned Wellness Weavers Community Service-Learning Cooperative in the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives,
Click here if you would like to collaborate virtually.
Click here if you want to learn about new ways to work nimbly.
Click here to learn how to maximize Human Resources in your workplace
- PCORI.org research grants are due to sunset in September 2019.
Hypothesis: The Wellness Weavers system of intergenerational Community Service-Learning will reduce the ACE, Adverse Childhood Experiences in people under the age of 18, and reduce incarcerations due to SUDS & mental illness, CER Comparative Effectiveness Research
Virtual vs Self-righteous?
In my humble opinion, the Core Values are good virtues to live by...others judge that as being self-righteous.
Some people think that some of our ideas are out of this world. Some think and have spread rumors that I, the founder and "the fool clown"..."the space cadet" , might be mentally ill, though I have offered my mental health records to be part of the group counseling session that people that have spread the rumors refuse to agree to... maybe I am from another planet, lol.
The closed doors and minds and hearts to collaboration of key stakeholders is one way that I knew that they and every town needs a Wellness Weavers system to empower people to know how to live and work and play with those that are different than them. We are all teachers and learners. These experiences taught me how people without "white privilege" and without adequate STAR power of Skills, Talents, Attitudes, and Resources have quite possibly had to live within glass boxes or marginalized their whole lives.
I wonder what those same "gatekeepers", the "wolves in sheep's clothing" would be like if they lived in a community where they paid to live, play, work, bought and stablized buildings, and were not allowed to play on the team?
Though there is much work and the Community Service-Learning citizen engagement piece has not found favor with the leaders, there are some wonderful neighbors that have helped me in various ways without being official Wellness Weavers. There are many "Volunteer Worker Bees" that are missing the "City Bucks", "Health Bucks", and "Time Dollars" that they would be adding to their Time Bank accounts, as our virtual and local circles of collaboration to finish building the new system emerges.
Wellness Weavers is my faith-in-action to help me find a "Forever Family" that shares the Core Values of the blended Weaver Family and wants to adopt a woman like me... so we can all have quality of life as we live for good.
I am under the orders of the following doctors to "Have Fun and Good Luck! Dr. Wayne Jonas, Dr. Patch Adams, Dr. Clifford Kuhn
Waterville On-site Projects:
Like a family...we want to be able to serve WITH all ages and all abilities and be a safe base campus where people's health and wellness will be supported ...a place where they can bloom and grow and bloom some more to reach the best versions of themselves.
- Agricultural: Six garden spots, grape vine, composting system, watering system
- Aviation: finish the 1920 Gere Single Cockpit Biplane
- Art (especially all the brain-based therapies or skills for self expression and ways to reduce, reuse, repurpose) Murals
- Performance Arts (the City owns the Opera House but it is rentable, there is a handicapped-accessible Community Center with kitchen and serving window...good for dances, events, and it has internet access)
- Behavioral Science: Studying what makes towns accept or reject people and ideas; Communication, Neuroplasticity
- Business: Yes, all aspects! I want to be a Grandmother and project rover and on the Board...not playing all the roles...I want to be known as the wise business woman that got us to this point and turned it over to the best team!
- Computer Science: Management of a full iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, DBA for Survey Monkey, getting the historical interviews, photos, Cisco WebEx, best ways to serve the local to global members with record keeping
- Time Bank Coordinators: Community Weaver 3, H(our)World, Timerepublik
- Creatives: Using the digital photographs, making short and effective health edutainment PSA, documentaries of historical significance about the people involved in the social justice issue.
- Construction Science: All six buildings have forms of construction science. The last hail storm damages two shingled roofs. There is repointed of limestone barn of 1885 and tin roof repairs. Building for an Eco-healthy future.
- The LAMP, Lumberyard Activity Market Place, that needs proper assessment, business plan.
- Drama & Drama Therapy in our buildings and the Waterville Opera House
- Education: leveraging the many resources in the Health and Wellness and the Arts and Sciences to develop online discussion groups, innovator meeting groups for health, education, social justice issue
- Energy systems: Planning for maximizing solar, wind, water and human powered systems
- Food Service: Cooking team for events and project crews...in conjunction with food growers and for preservation. Creative solutions to partner with grocery store that is 5 miles away and local but expensive unless can get things on sale. Even I had to switch to Walmart for many things.
- Gerontology: Active aging in place and revitalization. Using Cisco WebEx for coordinated communication and healthy family-friends network; Creating healthy adoptive surrogate families; Safe and healthy relationships
- Hospitality: Modeling and mentoring how communities can be welcoming and helpful
- History: Digitalized copies of The Telegraph go back to 1870, there are family ties in Waterville to Amelia Earhart's family, the Adams family history is rich and tied to the Kansas Street Settlement House. We have original items from the family. Lots of historical books.
- Language: We have resources for Spanish, Japanese, Russian and love to study and visit other cultures. We aspire to use the Cisco WebEx platform to link and work and play and have virtual family parties connecting around the globe...our end of the rainbow to theirs.
- Library and museum sciences: Culling the computer records that are redundance prolific writing that got to long and scrambled up during editing that they are nearly unusable clutter! Knowing what is historically significant to save.
- Leadership Studies: Peace and empowering civic leadership and weaving the culture to be supportive of lessening stress on people; gift economy; wellness-based health care system; incarceration as a time for case management and multidisciplinary IHELP implementation
- Native American Studies: The original human stewards of the lands our campus was built on. We have resources in print and online. We want to make use of the Native American Talking Circles blended with the Principles of Sociocracy 3.0 (see the Communications tab on the website)
- Cataloguing the collection of resources and helping the other teams to know what kind of storage and display methods.
- Landscaping, yard maintenance, council circle
- Fun with city snow piles in winter
- Recreation options: getting ropes course planned and assessment of options and planning fun events and classes, establishing lifetime fitness options, getting yoga classes in person and online options
Did that make you think of something else for improved quality of life & your area of focus?